Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a Neff K9524X4GB/02 fridge freezer, about 7 + years

Customer Question

We have a Neff K9524X4GB/02 fridge freezer, about 7 + years old. The temperature light inside is flashing all the time no matter what temperature we set it at. Also I feel the fridge part is not as cold as it should be or think it used to be. We changed the temperature from 4/6 to 2 but it doesn't appear to make much difference & the light is flashing whether at 2 or 8. Most items will keep OK but milk goes off before it's sell by date. Water is definitely not as cold as it should be.

Can you advise please.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that,
This is a sign that the main control board needs to be replaces.
Its a bit expensive but super easy to do.
I will help if you decide to do this.
Also I can provide the best place to get that at a good cost.
Please let me know.
I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you *****

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what sort of cost and how much compared to a new fridge.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dave,
A new fridge like yours would be about $1200.00 US.
So I would really recommend the repair.
The part will cost, depending on where exactly you are roughly $200.00.
Please let me know what you would like to do.