Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Toaster TTM 333 starts but after about 20 seconds causes the

Customer Question

Toaster TTM 333 starts but after about 20 seconds causes the microcircuit breaker to trip out. I have cleaned out the crumbs tray and tried a different socket.

Suggestions?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

The problem with these toasters is the micro-switch is to light for the load they have to carry. After awhile of use, and getting hot then cold they have a tendency to break down and become to week to handle the load required. So, in short this switch needs to be replaced. I wish you the best.

JACUSTOMER-mok68php- :

Thank you for the diagnosis. Can you please provide details of the part I need to replace, instructions on how to replace and the difficulty of replacing it.

Gary :

Hi ... 2 things here ... 1st ] In looking for your replacement part a thought came to mind ... there could be a element shorting out causing the breaker to "pop". To see which one it is, you would need to look down both of your inside of the toaster when activated. If you have a short, one element will not be heating like the other. Another sign would be the way your bread comes out. If you have one side not browning evenly then you know right where to look. (this seldom happens however it depends on how old the toaster is). 2 ] For parts it would best serve you to contact Kenwood for parts. Their customer service can help you out and with each part comes with directions. Their number is 0844-557-3653 ... As for repairing, these jobs are pretty simple. I do wish you the best.