Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

What is the charge for your advice service please

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Whatever price point you chose to offer is what you pay.

Can you post the E-Nr number of the appliance please?
If not on a label, it will be very faintly etched across the top of the inner door.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello E Nr SE25M275GB

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
2 ways to do it.
Difficult way is to try and hold the hinge open while you fit the door to it.

Easier way involves more stripping down of the appliance.

Unplug it.
Take the top and side panels off.
Look at the bottom front corners and you'll see the ropes attached to the hinges.
Lift these off of the hinges with pliers.
You can now fit the door to the hinges.
Close the door.
Refit the ropes to the hinges.

Reassemble the machine and the job is done.

If you are trying it without dismantling, please wear thick leather gloves to try and prevent cuts to your hands. The metal can slice through.

Try it, see how it goes and get back to me
You will need Torx drivers or bits for the screws.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That seems like a reasonable response and I will try it. How long should it take ? 2hrs perhaps? Many thanks D

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
It would take me about 40 minutes to take it apart and rebuild.
So, for someone that's never done it, allow yourself 2 to 3 hours.

Once you get it apart, it's really easy.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is the correct way to remove the top? The sides seem to be straight forward torx screw job but the top release is not obvious.

Many thanks. D

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Look at the underside of the top, at the rear.
Press the clips up and push the lid back.
It then lifts off.

Do check the front underside to see if there's clips or screws there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

After a suitable period looking at the clips I finally got the message. The inner door is now back in place and a wash running. I had to trip the detergent door manually on the new replacement so the next step is to check the price of a control uinit and weigh up whether more expense is worthwhile on an 8.5 year old machine Thanks D

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for letting me know how it went.

Glad you got the door back on, without slicing your hands.

Good luck with the machine.

If you are using all in 1 tablets, just put them into the cutlery basket.
The different chemicals in them dissolve at differing temperatures and time in water.
They'll work just the same.

I'd appreciate it if you could rate the help/answer I provided, positively. It's how I'm paid for my time and efforts.

Hope this helps
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All of your information has been of good value...especially the last bit about the tablets. I have learnt a lot thanks. D

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya
You're very welcome.