Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My oil-fired Aga suddenly got stuck on high fire. Turning thermostat

My oil-fired Aga suddenly got stuck on high fire. Turning thermostat back and forth, it clicked as expected, but Aga continued to get hotter and hotter until it cut out with thermocouple. I let it cool, re-lit it, and the same thing happened so I switched it off. Now cold. What can I do?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that,
may I have the model#?
Also how old is your oven?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have left for work now so it will be lunch time before I can look at the Aga again. However it is a standard 4 oven Aga, about 30 years old. The electrical control apparatus is boxed on the right hand side of the Aga and has been changed once or twice over the years. I am not sure that there are any obvious model names/numbers anywhere at all.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi John, the problem with this is the main control.
You will need to replace that to get this working.
I can help you locate the part as well.
I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you *****