Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a HX-WA2 duel cameral that wont charge up. Any ideas

Customer Question

I have a HX-WA2 duel cameral that won't charge up. Any ideas please??
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi sorry to hear that,
how old is your camera?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi about 2 years old.

I last used it a month ago in the sea but washed it off properly and dried it. It only went about 2-3 feet under. I left it to dry overnight with the screen flap open.

Before that in April it went in a swimming pool to a depth of 2.3m.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you Tracy for that information.
What you need to do is remove the batteries, and place the cam in a plastic or even a paper bag with about 2 cups of instant rice.
and seal it up pretty good.
This will take a couple of days but should draw out the moisture that got on the circuit board.
I will stick with you until we know that this has worked but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Tracy for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Lol not quite sure what you mean by "instant" rice. Can you suggest a brand name by means of clarifying? Could you mean something like Uncle Bens 2 minute rice? I would have thought it would have had a fairly high moisture content to start with.

I have brown rice which takes a fair while to cook but I've run out of white rice so if I'm going to have to go out shopping I might as well get the optimum camera drying rice.

Didn't think I'd be asking for grocery shopping tips!

Also to clarify, if I give you a positive feed back shortly will I be able to contact you or will I need for you to schedule a follow up?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tracy lol,
yes you need instant rice, it works quicker to wick out the water.
And the reason to rate now is so I can lock us in so we don't lose contact and your question cant time out in the mean time;-)
You will then be able to stay with me until we have this fixed.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

I have followed your instructions regarding putting the camera in Rice but it has made no difference the camera is still showing no signs of life and it will not charge.

Tracy

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tracy,
unfortunately in this case too much water go in.
You will need to end it in for repair to fix this, it will need to come apart for this.
I wish I had better news for you on this.
Tech Michael