canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Bosch Logixx 10 (wbb24756GB) wont start. Start/Pause light

Bosch Logixx 10 (wbb24756GB) wont start. Start/Pause light flashing. All other lights work and controls can be set, but the programme won't begin. No washing trapped and door closed properly. Help, please!
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Is there a key symbol showing in the display?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No: Child Lock is off.

Display reads:
Ready 02:58pm (Time)

1200@ 05:08pm and a speaker symbol.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

Open the door, close it a little harder than usual, in case the lock is stuck, and try pressing start again.

Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried slamming the door - there appears to be a little give in it, as if it's not quite closing fully.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, if it still didn't start I'd suspect the door lock.
I take it it's not locking at all.

The only other thing that crossed my mind was the possibility of the timer being set.

I've tried pulling up the service information for the machine but there appears to be a problem with the online access at the moment.

I'll opt out of the question and open it to all again, see if anyone has the service manual handy.

Sorry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Once I close the door, the start/pause light continues to flash, but the program won't start. Should the door lock at this point or just remain closed to be opened by pulling it.

Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. If you pull the latch forward before closing the door is that the issue? Sometimes the latch does not close when closing the door.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That sounds about right, but, how do I do that if the latch is inside the washing machine?

You should be able to just take your finger and pull it forward. You don't have to take anything apart. It's just the latch may not be closing when the door is closed. I am not so sure if it is the latch on the door or the opening but just a matter of pulling it forward so it will close and latch.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've tried that and it still seems as if the door's not catching properly or closing snugly.

So that does seem to be the problem, then? It is hard to tell exactly what the issue is but I can tell you that my experience has often been that the latch has had to be pried a little to get it to close so that when the door is closed it latches and allows the dishwasher to operate. Does it look like the mechanism has been bent or twisted?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Door latch has been repaired. Now, when the door is closed and the Start/Pause button is pressed, the lock is released, the programme doesn't start and the door can be opened.

I guess that is progress, right? I imagine either the child lock is on or all that slamming and hard closing shook a connector loose from the control board. Remember how that latches, right? You may be able to take a long hefty string and slide it in between the door and the latch to open the door then remove the fascia and inspect the control board connectors. If it's any consolation this kind of thing happens to us all the time when we're fixing things. You have to have someone standing behind you asking if you're doing theright thing to get the full experience though!
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry! The problem's not been fixed.

The door closes and locks, but when the start button is pressed, the door latch releases and the programme won't start. I've got a repairman here, who has taken the thing apart, but he is flummoxed. The lock works until the start button is pressed.

Did the repair guy test the control board?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, he has! And there was some burn-out. He's soldered it and now the machine is working...perfectly, I hope. Thanks for your help.

You are very welcome! I am glad to help.