canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a maytag fridge with a water dispenser. The water smells

I have a maytag fridge with a water dispenser. The water smells very mouldy. I've tried changing filter and flushing but the smell won't go away, anything else I can do?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Is your water supplied by the city or do you have a well? Is that the only place that the water has that flavour?

Customer: It's supplied by city and the only mouldy taste is from the water dispenser
canuck the pro :

Very good. So if you turn the water off to the fridge and disconnect the line from the quick connect connection after the filter. To disconnect there push the little plastic circle in towards the connector then pull the line out. With a turkey baster, squirt vinegar into the line and fill the line with vinegar. If you have an assistant, have your assistant open the dispenser so that the vinegar comes out. Keep flushing the line a few times and then flush with just water. That will clean the line.