Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

bosch axt 200 shredder has stopped working. looking at it,

Customer Question

bosch axt 200 shredder has stopped working. looking at it, there's quite bit of gardens material wrapped around axle of the blade.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your shredder?
Also did it get a lot of use?
Thank you for your patience!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello Michael! Thank you for your reply....

The machine is 4 years old, used only about 3 or 4 times.

Margo

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Margo,
please also check the tiny microswitch on the the side that it gets activated when placed on the pails top. there is a little button there.
I will stick with you on this but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you *****
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

May i find the switch first? Where exactly is it? I will upload machine?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Margo, if your unit has one it looks like a small slit on the bottom side. If not the you may have one with a bad motor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Michael

The machine has no switch where you indicated. How can I have a "bad motor" with so little use? I have contacted Bosch to see if they have insights.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi dies your unit sit on a basket they provide?
usually for safety there is a switch, and sometimes the pit that needs to go into it it make it work, will get damaged.
But the motor could have jut been bad , these things happen.
Thank you Margo for your patience.
I will stick with you it costs you nothing more to rate it just locks us in so your question wont time out is all.