Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Siemens KA58NP90GB fridge /freezer. We came back

Customer Question

I have a Siemens KA58NP90GB fridge /freezer.
We came back from holiday and had a power cut whilst away, emptied all the defrosted food, but now the ice maker is not working correctly.

The ice tray is frozen and not turning the ice out. ( defrosted once and still the same) I used the test button under tray and that has turn the tray but turned water not ice. there is a constant water link from the dispenser.

Can you help me sort or do I need to pay an engineer out please?
Callista
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that.
Is the ice maker the only part that isn't working?
Also how old is your fridge?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Everything else is working fine both on freezer & fridge, all lights working.

Freezer is freezing food but the tray is freezing up solid so obviously cant turn out ice.

Appliance is about 7-8 years old I think!

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for that information.
This more sounds like a filed ice maker. Its easy to replace.
I will help you with that if needed. But first please unplug the the freezer and use some warm water on the ice trays, so you can remove the ice.
Then once the trays are empty, you can plug it back in and it may reset as they do often, ice makers are funny that way.
I will stick with you until we have this fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you *****

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried it a couple of times but the ice tray fills up and then is solid with ice and doesn't turn. On the test button under tray the tray turns.

Callista

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi that means the ice maker has gotten zapped and failed unfortunately.
It is easy to replace,
Please visit the site below, I will help with the replacement as well.
http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/brands/siemens/fridges-freezers/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=%20+siemens%20+fridge%20+parts&utm_campaign=SIM%20-%20Brands%20-%20Siemens
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

opps correspondence crossed, thanks for reply

I have page open, what do I need to order please?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi you will just need to order a new ice maker ;-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cant see or find that :-(

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/