Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a fridge/freezer type ARC41701X. The fridge part does

Customer Question

I have a fridge/freezer type ARC41701X. The fridge part does not get cold. I have no manuals and do not know what the controls are. Can you help?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi sorry to hear that,
how old is your fridge?
also please check inside the freezer, let me know if there is any heavy frost on the rear wall in there?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael

the fridge/freezer is about 9 years old. The freezer part is fine, no frost. the fridge part is the problem.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I understand, also are the fans running?
Thank you *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Fans? not sure how I can answer that.as nothing is visible

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

.... but I hear no noise

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi these are notorious for the main control board to fail.
You will need a new main control board to fix this. Its easy to change, and I will help you do this.
I will stick with you and help you get the board as well but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Luigi
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when do you think you can contact me for the follow up?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Luigi, I will see if i can have the manual for you tomorrow. as well.
have a great Day!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael

I succeeded to download the manual (user manual), thanks.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome any other issues?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I thought you were going to help me sorting the problem out?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Luigi,
do the lights work?
Also can you hear the compressor running at the bottom rear of the unit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lights work
Freezer is ok so I think compressor must work?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi the, the problem is likely the fan in the freezer, can you hear it running?
If so, then the unit needs to be defrosted, if not then the fan is bad.
An easy fix I will help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not sure I understand your approach.

1- I have a fridge/freezer unit

2- the fridge part does not work but the freezer part works fine

3- I am not aware that the freezer part has a fan but the fridge part should have

4- I cannot hear the fan

5-All this was mentioned in earlier replies

6- in one of them you wrote " Hi these are notorious for the main control board to fail.
I will stick with you and help you get the board as well "

7- what's next? thermostat? Board? Fan? How do I check which part is the replacement solution?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi, if the fan in the freezer doesnt run the fridge wont get cold.
Also if there is too much ice back there behind the rear wall it also wont allow the cold air into the fridge compartment.
Hope that helps?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
r