Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch Easy Access under counter freezer. Temperature light

Customer Question

Bosch Easy Access under counter freezer. Temperature light been flashing for days going through the -16c to -32c scale on front of appliance. Food stayed frozen. Turned freezer off for a while but when put it on again the audible alarm went on. When the alarm button was pressed the alarm stayed off for about 10 minutes then sounded again. This went on for a few hours. I turned the freezer off again and then back on. Now the alarm is staying on. The food is now defrosting. Please help!
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the full model number please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Sorry had to pull freezer out to find model number. GSL 14420

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks for that. Is the compressor at the back running?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If its the black thing on the left side at the back of the freezer then no. It feels hot though.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok on this freezer it can only be a compressor fault or the control board.

But as the compressor is hot its usually a sign it has a system fault so the compressor runs for longer then it should do so it gets hot and cuts out.

Just see how it goes over the next 20 mins and see if the compressor kicks back in. If it doesn't then do you hear a clicking noise from it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok Daniel will do. Have moved all food out now and its defrosting but have turned it back on again. Will keep you posted.

Gill

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

No worries im online till about 11pm tonight.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Only sound can hear is the alarm. Driving me mad! Compresser still hot. Is it worth getting it repaired do you think? I bought it in March 2006 along with the fridge to match.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok a hot compressor is making me think its the compressor at fault.

For this its not worth the repair as a new compressor is about the £200 mark and at 8 years old it will be best putting the money towards a new freezer as for an extra £100 you can get a decent freezer.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Daniel I appreciate your time. Much better that calling a technician out and waiting for days for them to come. I can get on with buying a new freezer then. What happens now? I want to pay the £22 for your service but don't want a monthly subscription really.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

No worries. As to payment you just rate the answer I gave and that makes the payment.

As to the monthly subscription I don't have anything to do with that part I just answer the questions.

You need to email customer services from your home page and they will advise on that side for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So you will get the payment ok then?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

If you click the rate button then yes I will get paid then.

Thanks very much.