Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

ZX99/5SI Zanussi Inteliflow Frost Free Fridge Freezer (silver

Customer Question

ZX99/5SI Zanussi Inteliflow Frost Free Fridge Freezer (silver tall unit, top fridge, bottom freezer)
Fridge is not cooling, freezer works fine.
I cannot find/source a drain (to check if blocked!).
There is no visible ice build up anywhere in the machine (top or bottom).
I did a 48hr defrost a few weeks ago (doors open), turned back on and let settle for 24hrs (doors closed), fridge cooled for about a week or two then temp started to rise again, alarm started 'beeping', I held down the red light button inside fridge for a few seconds and the alarm has not gone off since, but it's still not cooling.
There is no fan kicking in when the door is closed (which it used to do).
I'm no technician, it seems to be a common issue with Zanussi... Am I just better off getting a new unit (which seems a shame as the freezer works fine)?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that,
How old is your fridge?
Also please check the inside rear wall of the freezer for heavy frost, please let me know what you find?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The machine is about 7/8yrs old.

There is NO frost/ice/debris anywhere in the whole unit, fridge or freezer.

The fridge is decidedly 'warm'.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Heidi,
can you hear the fans running? Or the compressor at the bottom?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can hear bottom compressor, but no fan.... (it used to be quite loud and obvious when the machine worked, but we haven't had fan noise for a while)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Heidi, what you need is a fan and the electronic control vent on the left side in the fridge. Both are easy to replace with only a few basic hand tools.
The fan is behind the rear wall of the freezer, and the electronic vent control is on the left wall of the freezer.
I will help you with this but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Below is the best place to order these parts.
Thank you *****
Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333 4007 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't mean to sound a bit thick, but are there specific part numbers etc I need to ask for, and what sort of cost do you think they will come in at?

Do I need to call the sales or after sales number that you have provided to get parts ordered?

I am a dab hand with a screwdriver, so am reasonable confident that I will be able to get it sorted with your assistance.

Are the follow ups conducted through Just Answer? How do we then reschedule at mutually convenient times?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Heidi,I will be here to help if you rate my service, it kink of locks us in, no additional cost though.
All you need to ask them for is fan in the freezer and I would just start there.
We can sort the rest out ;-)
That fan makes the fridge get cold.
And just call this #0844 9777 888
Thanks Heidi and please rate at this point.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry, it's just I need to clarify things before I'm happy to rate...

Do I need to order both the fan and electronic control vent? I don't want to incur unnecessary costs, or do I just need to sort the fan?

I have been quoted a price of £134 for an engineer to come and do the work and initial costs (from the number you gave me) is going to be around £76 just for the fan (he couldn't give elec control vent cost as I don't have product number to hand, but if it's a similar cost, it looks like I'm going to be paying the same amount as I've been quoted AND have to do all the work myself!!)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Heidi, I would just go with the fan first, because that could be the only issue. I was just saying the only two pars that would cause this are those two.
i would simply replace the fan first.
Then we can see how it foes. but when that fan doesnt run, you will get no cold air in the fridge section.
Also one you rate(and it cost nothing more to do that, it will lock us in for now until you have the part and we get this done.

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for all your help, but the parts provider you advised do not hold the part, they are unable to tell me how much it 'might' cost and wouldn't know anything further for at least another 2 days.... This isn't going to be OK... I have 2 young children and we really can't survive without any refrigerated food any longer.... It's going to have to be an engineer call out :o(

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I will see if another source has the part for you.
I am surprised as they are really good in most all cases.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
e