Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have a Samsung fridge freezer model rs2ifcsv I have just

I have a Samsung fridge freezer model rs2ifcsv I have just recently fitted a new p c b board anew l c d front of fridge temp control panel also a temperature sensor all was working fine for the last 3 months until a thunder storm switches the power of the fridge now does not want to come back on all I have is a small green light flashing above the no 8 on the fridge side of the l c d screen this must be a poor design for every time that there is a power cut you loose everything in the fridge can you help me
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
I think your model is RS21fcsv

If it is, press and hold the top button either side of the display until the board resets.

The machine should then start up and run again.

Try it, see how it goes and let me know.

Hope this helps
thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no this dose not seem to work have tried 4 times for about a minute at at a time all that you here is a relay clicking when you open and shut the doors

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
You don't have to open and shut the doors.

On your display, which segment is lit?
Freezer or fridge?
1st or 2nd digit?
top, middle, bottom, top left, etc?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

fridge second digit top

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, that's strange that pressing and holding the buttons didn't start the machine up.

The segment lit indicates a faulty sensor on the ice maker or too high a temperature inside the appliance.

You'll need to check the sensor and see if it's actually causing this problem.

When you press and hold the buttons, does the display go off and then come back on?

Has your machine had the safety modification fitted by Samsung?
Small board near the main board that has a fuse fitted?
Have you checked the fuse?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes have just checked 3 glass fuses at mains on p c b board all are fine checked with continuity tester I don't use the ice maker it is not plumbed into the water mains is this a problem

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, the fuse should be on a separate board.

The ice maker sensor is still part of the circuit, whether used or not.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

managed to get fridge working sat morning after striping everything out I found that the two buttons on the front door panel one on the left was not making with the switch on the l c d board so I adjusted it to make it work now fridge is back working I would to know why did the fridge not come back on after the power had gone off and all so do I have to connect the water to stop me having any more problems in the future thanks

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Did it come on when you plugged it in this time?
If not and you had to use the reset, it's because it's detecting the error for the ice maker sensor. (if it's the same segment that was lit).
Connecting the water will make no difference, if it's detecting a faulty sensor then the sensor or the wiring is faulty.

If it came on itself, then I'd suspect a stuck/sticky button.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have just switched the fridge off at the plug and waited a minute and switched back on I had to use the reset again to bring it back on so it must be what you say faulty ice sensor I will purchase a new one in the next few days thanks again

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for letting me know.

Good luck with the repair.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I found a broken wire on the sensor lead feeding the ice maker why this happened I am not sure I still have o join the cables together to see if this will solve my problem with the mains failing and resetting by its self so thanks again for your help