Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Zanussi washing machine ZWT7140 was purchased in November

My Zanussi washing machine ZWT7140 was purchased in November 2012 and has operated very well until recently when on most programmes (none using the dryer) it began to develop a fault. In almost all programmes towards the end of the cycle in the alternate rinsing and spinning cycle it leaks to earth and trips the whole electrical circuits in the house. I have been told that this is because the motor seems to be unable to cope with the strain involved as the spin is retarded and trips at a pause between spin and rinse. It seems to me unreasonable to have this fault develop so soon after purchase. Your comments would be welcome before I approach the retailer about a possible Sale of Goods Act claim
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
sorry to hear that,
does it leak water?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it does not leak water. It may be useful to add that when power has been restored it is then possible to do another spin without causing the trip

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Bob,
this is a main board issue. That part would need to be replaced to fix this washer. If you want to do that I will help you as well as locate the best source for the part.
I will stick with you until this is resolved one way or another but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Bob.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do have an experienced repair man who I am sure can change the "main board" if that is the repair needed. Part of my interest is in seeing whether I must pay for the repair or if it is something that should not normally happen so early in the life of the machine, so that I could claim the repair cost from the retailer under the Sale of Goods Act. So really, if you are sure it is a main board issue, I would like your opinion on whether it is unreasonable to expect this fault to show up after only 18 months of normal use.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi Bob, i do agree that it shouldn't have failed so soon but all electronics are subject to failure.
it sounds more like you have a defective part on the board to begin with.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael. I think we will leave it there as you have expressed your opinion in answer to my question and it is very helpful to me. I will now contact the retailer as it seems there is good reason to think there was a defect from the outset or one that has developed recently from some underlying defect that has now shown up.

I expect i can print out our exchange from the emails. I will confirm my earlier rating of your service if necessary.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi yes you can print it out Im here for you if you need me further have a great weekend!
Tech Michael