Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Toshiba RDXV59DTKB DVD VCR combo. No sound on DVD or hard drive

Customer Question

Toshiba RDXV59DTKB DVD VCR combo. No sound on DVD or hard drive recordings, no chanel sound when either of these are selected. VCR records sound OK and there is chanel sound when VCR is selected.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your unit?
Thank you for your patience!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think it could be 2 or 3 years old, I am a TV engineer and it has been brought into our workshop.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi peter, the first thing is to clean the laser, if that doesn't work the laser head assy needs to be replaced, been doing this for a long time lol.
please rate kindly I will stick with you no additional cost to you ;-)
thank you
tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am thinking this is more a software problem as the sound is missing on the transmitted channels when DVD or HDD is selected , what is the service mode code

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Peter as i was saying I did this for so long, its going to be the laser head ;-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If it play,s a DVD ok with sound , can it possibly be the laser.

Can you tell me what code to access the service mode

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Peter, doe s it play CDs? and just not DVDs?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It play/s DVD's OK and existing recordings on the hard drive,but new recordinsgs on DVD & hard drive have picture but no sound.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Peter, this is a sign of a bad read/ record laser.
Can you solder?
Tech Michael