Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have an Electrolux Fridge freezer. The seal on the door

Customer Question

I have an Electrolux Fridge freezer. The seal on the door of fridge has perished at the corners. Can it be replaced or have I to buy a new door. The appliance is eight years old
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you post the model number of the appliance please?

Look at the existing seal.
Are there screws in the inner side of it holding it in place?
Does it push into a recess?
or
Is it glued in behind the liner of the door?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Electrolux ENB40405W

Serial no 80750026

No screws to be seen and the seal is glued to door.

The seal does not push back into a recess.

Thanks, Ann

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

If you have really good diy skills, there is what they term a service seal for your machine.
Basically, you have to cut the old seal out and fit the new seal over the remains of the old seal.
This means you have to precisely cut the seal, leaving a bead the new seal fits over.

It's not easy to get a good finish and it's not always successful but it's a lot cheaper than a new door.

There are 4 versions of your machine coming up so you'll need to use the product number (PNC) from the label inside the fridge to ensure you get the correct seal or door.

If you post the product number here, prefix it with A so it's not crossed out.
eg A914419941 00

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry about the delay but I was waiting to discuss the matter with my husband. we feel that removing the seal and replacing it correctly is going to be difficult, not for our diy skills.

Product no ********* 00

Serial no 80750026

Model ENB 40405W

Type CBNF 395

I am sending all the numbers I found

If we were to go for a replacement door would this be cost effective or should I buy a new product, taking a guarantee into account. At present my fridge door has a dispenser drinks unit and I never use this so could a basic door be bought.

Many thanks , Ann

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, the product number has been crossed out.
Prefix it with A as I showed earlier or space the numbers, eg. 9 1 4 4 1 9 9 4 1 00

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Product No A925034421-00

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

product no 9 2 5 0 3 4 4 2 1 00

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for that.

The replacement door has the part number .2003786031

To obtain an accurate price for the door you would need to contact a supplier and see, if it's still available, what the cost is.

Be prepared for an expensive item.
Anything from £150 to £250 for a door I'm afraid.

Given the age of the appliance, I'd be suggesting using the potential repair costs against the cost of a new machine.

Check it out, see how it goes and then decide on repair or replace.

Hope this helps
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have now come up with a solution myself

I have used Velcro strips around the corners of the fridge to block the gaps,

Recession here makes one think outside the box.

Ann

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
If it seals, it's a temporary measure and hopefully will work for you.

It's not something I can do as a repairer, a customer wouldn't accept that as a repair.

Good luck with the appliance.