Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a range aster American style fridge freezer and it has

Customer Question

I have a range aster American style fridge freezer and it has stopped dispensing anything. The filter was changed a few weeks ago and was working fine until yesterday when nothing is coming out. It isn't clogged with ice or anything but when a glass is placed against the rubber sensor nothing is happening. I can Hera ice being made etc and it seems to be functioning normally but no output. Can you suggest anything. Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that,
how old is your fridge?
Also are you talking about the door dispenser?
No water no ice being dispensed?
Is the freezer still making ice?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's about 5 years old. Yes we are talking about the door dispenser. It's still making ice but nothing is being dispensed. No noise or anything when glass is placed against the rubber sensor in the compartment.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Stuart thanks for that information,
This is the control board inside the doors dispenser.
Try lifting the bar that moves on ice box. If moving this bar has no affect on the machine turning on and off, then the circuit that is attached to it is faulty. You can get manual and parts at repairclinic.com
I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you *****

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Michael,

We've had to take the ice box out a couple of times in the last few weeks but don't seem to be able to get a positive fit back in. It slides in but only seems to click on the right hand side and not the left which feels loose. I've tried turning the metal lever to ensure it doesn't foul the connection on the box but it makes no difference. Is there anything to try on this?. The lever at the bottom of the ice box simple drops a few cubes down but doesn't switch anything on. Don't know if this is because the ice box isn't in the correct position or not?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi thanks Stuart, i will see if there is a diagram that may help you but that wont be til tomorrow as that site is down today for upgrades.
Please rate kindly at this point so we can stay in touch, no additional cost to you;-)
Thank you Stuart and have a great Sunday!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Repair clinic.com don't have parts for range master. Any other ideas? I'm hoping I if can just get the contact switch rather than the whole control panel as it seems to operate normally except the switch/sensor isn't connecting
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Stuart I guess they dont carry them an longer but try this site:

Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333 4007 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Michael , I'll try that site first chance I get and see if they carry spares for Rangemaster
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
g
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Ok sounds good please keep me informed ;-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will try them on Wednesday I,m working during the day hours until then. Do you know if the switch or contact part is available separately as buying the complete control panel seems a little excessive as everything in the control panel works except the contact/ switch isn't working or contacting behind the rubber?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Stuart, Im not sure, if they are soldered to the board than probably not.
I will be here when you need me ;-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

E- spares only carry the basic parts but got onto rangemaster themselves and they were very helpful.

They have two part which it might be

1. the touch switch - which sounds like it and

2. an electramagnatism valve

So not sure what to go for and how to proceed re. fitting etc.

Any suggestions?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Stuart without test there is no way to know for sure which part is bad.
What I would do as both parts are in the same location, and without troubleshooting experience, change both parts ;-)
Neither one is too expensive anyway right?
What do you think?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
sounds good to me Michael, do you think with your help I will be able to change the part over myself?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Stuart, if your a bit handy, not too much yes we will get this done ;-) Dont worry. Im here!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok Michael I'll order the parts and let you know when they arrive. Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
d
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Sounds good, I will be here for you when the parts come in;-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you, I was on holiday.

I've got the parts for the machine and fitted them. Unfortunately both the plastic switch lever and the solenoid valve didn't make any difference.

I then ordered a microswitch which seemed the only other component that logically would be a problem. Unfortunately they sent the wrong part so I simply put a wire into both terminals of the microswitch to bypass it and see if it was in fact it was faulty but again it made no difference.

I'm out of ideas to try. You got any suggestions?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi it figures they sent the wrong ting.
I will research this further for you, it should have worked though.
Let me ask does it make ice?
I thought so but need to be sure.

Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Everything seems to work in the fridge and freezer including the control panel but there doesn't seem to be any activation when the water/ ice sensor is pressed with a glass. Therefore no water, ice or crushed ice, in fact nothing out of the dispenser as if the switch doesn't activate anything.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Stuart this may be the control board in the dispenser, does yours have that there?
It may not it may be the main control board thats at fault if not.
This is whys best if you can test these parts, its rare that that board fails but you are getting nothing to the dispenser.
But did you say the ice maker does make ice normally?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

There is no ice or water being dispensed but the ice compartment inside the freezer makes ice automatically as we have to empty it out now and then. It's just that it doesn't dispense when the cup is placed against the dispenser. I've had the control panel off as it just plugs in with one connection but it seems to work ok in as much as when the panel is pressed all the lights and led perform normally.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Stuart.
This is the control board at this point because you have already replace the other mechanical components.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the only other thing they suggested was a component down at the back bottom of the machine where the water comes in. It seems to be a diverter. they said one hose goes to the ice maker and the other to the water. It has electrical connections on it but I can't see how this makes any difference. I had a look at it this morning but doubtful but they said it sends the water up into the door???

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi yes thats the main solenoid really that sends water up to the door;-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you think its worth changing that

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi thats really up to you but if it were me and everything else is working well yes I would.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I'll try that and let you know how I get on , thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Sounds great keep me posted.