Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

My creda digimix shower starts working and then stops

Customer Question

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

Can you tell me how long your unit works before it quits?

Gary :

Let's try having you "reset" your unit if this happens to be quitting relatively in a short time after start up. 1] turn off the power supply to the base unit. 2] remove the batteries from the remote and then put them back again. 3] leave the battery cover off. 4] press the start button and then turn the remote over and press the "reset" button (small switch located between the batteries) for at least (3) seconds. Please note that the remote will automatically switch off after (10) seconds. If the reset has not been done in this time then press the "start" button again. 5] the remote will give a series of long and short bleeps to acknowledge the reset. 6] replace the battery cover. *** please try this and if you still are having problems please come back and let me know. Also I'm going to move this to Q&A so if need be we can have more time to work on your problem. This is by no means indicate that I'm done with you. You can still be in contact with me if this reset doesn't resolve your problem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried all of that and it still happens - it will sometimes work for 5 mins so,entires not at all!! I have also tried cleaning filters - no change
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for repling back. In order for me to help you further I need you to be more spacific on what it is or isn't doing. Also I need to know if this is a "pump" or "non-pump" unit. and if you can I could use the model number. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's a non pump Creda Digimix Thermostatic Digital Mixer Shower. It will turn on if you leave it a few hours and then work for amount 2 minutes then cut out, it then won't work at all until you leave it a few hours

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for getting back. Do you have any numbers flashing? How about the flow icon? Does it change and the flow doesn't? When it works, does the hot water quit and you get cold? If you can answer these it would help ... thank you very much
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No numbers flashing, flow icon doesn't change according to the remote it's still working but the shower doesn't.

when it does work it works perfectly - hot and cold

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your time in this. Please understand that everything isn't cut and dry when it comes to these types of appliances. When you say it doesn't work, are you talking about the flow? Meaning you turn it on, it works and then you have no water? Or when you use it, you have hot water for a bit and then you don't? I have it narrowed down but if you could answer these questions, it would be most helpful. Again thank you for taking the time. I can understand it being frustrating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I turn it on, it works and then I have no water!

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

OK, through it all, the problem acts as if it's the PCB Controller... Now not knowing how old your unit is, but this is one of the more expensive parts to replace. It is an easy 1/3 of the cost of buying new. If you go to "showerdoc.com" you can get one from there. Part number REDR-93594755 (Redring Base Unit PCB 93594755) and the cost is 168.00.

Again, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions so I could help you out. These units are not always that easy to figure out at times, and what your unit is doing gave signs of three different possibilities. If you have any more questions, please ask. I wish you the best.