Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a fault showing as a water tap symbol - this is for

We have a fault showing as a water tap symbol - this is for SGV46M13GB. Waste water pipe is open and clear. Filters inside dishwasher are clean. Water pump looks to be clean and clear as seen form inside the dishwasher. Can you help please. Best wishes, John.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

When you start the dishwasher what actually happens?

Is the drain pump running all the time?

Will it put any water in the dishwasher at all?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If you go to set the programme and start I the normal way you get the Tao symbol and a number 34. Normally you get a number of say 153. The machine starts to fill with water then pumps the water back out again through the waste pipe. It starts filling again, then pumps back out again. It just then keeps doing this filling and emptying. If you open the door there is always a fair amount of water in the bottom. The drain pump is not running all the time.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok what you can try is pull the dishwasher out and tip it backwards and see if anywater comes out from the bottom. I don't think this is the fault but worth checking as when you get the water tap light on its either water has leaked into the base and activated the flood switch or the impeller jug (flow meter) is faulty. It can also be the control board but more often its a leak or the flow meter.

If its not water in the base then remove the left hand side panel and you will see the flow meter at the back . Its round and will have to hoses going to it. One from the fill hose and the other to the plastic filling tank on the side.

Replace this flow meter and that should cure the fault. As these flow meters go faulty a lot on Bosch. We replace loads of them.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Daniel, hi. No water came out if the back. I have got to the flow meter. Where is the best place to get one? Are they available on-line? Very best regards, John.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok I didn't think there would be water but was worth just checking anyway.

For the flow meter click here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Daniel, hi. That is fantastic. Many thanks indeed. Very impressed. Hope you have a good rest of the weekend. Best regards, John.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Hi John

Your very welcome. Have a good one yourself whats left of it.

Also if you haven't already if you could rate the answer that would be great.