Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hello. Zanussi ZEI 6240 FBA Induction Hob keeps cutting out

Customer Question

Hello. Zanussi ZEI 6240 FBA Induction Hob keeps cutting out and showing Error 9. It's an intermittent fault at first and then becoming constant. Eg - cooked 3-pan breakfast on it fine this morning - now it won't boil a pan of potatoes. We have done all the suggestions in the manual - which was to turn off the power (at the switch and at the house consumer unit), left it off for up to half an hour. We have replaced the User Interface Board, which helped for a short time. But now the E9 code is almost constant. The unit is 16 months old.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

E9 is a user interface board fault.

But as you have already replaced the user board then just check the wiring block going to the user board and the main board.

If the wiring block is fine then the power board on the right is more then likely the fault here. What you can try as both boards are the same is swap them over. Remove the left board and fit to the right hand side and make sure all the wiring blocks are swaped over and see if this works.

Fingers crossed that may work. If not then the power board itself will need to be replaced.

These boards are always failing on the induction hobs as that's all that seems to fail on these.

As its only 16 months old an give the price of them I would give Zanussi a ring as ive seem then extend the warrentys on these for people and fix it for free or at least supply the parts for free so well worth giving them a bell as you never know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel. I am going to up-end the thing again tomorrow and look for this other board and try the swapover and wiring check. May need a little more info then, and will rate then. Thanks. Charlotte

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

No worries that's fine. Just get back to me tomorrow when you have checked it out.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Daniel - just thinking - I don't remember seeing a second board - it wasn't obviously visible, but if I find it, and try the swap-over, is it possible that the replacement user interface board I fitted might be configured differently to the power board and if so, will they work if swapped over or could swapping them and trying the hob cause more damage? (PS, it's working perfectly just at the moment. Grrrrrr).

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

It's nit 2 user boards I mean it's the main power boards which there is 2 of.
In there is 2 power boards and a user board.

To access the power boards you need to remove the glass top then the magnetic elements and you will see them.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Hi Charlotte

Just wondering how you got on with the hob?