Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

blomberg dryer filter out of alignment

Customer Question

hi there, we have an old blomberg tumble dryer (reverse action TL 45 TD), it works fine but the filter is stuck out, upon investigation, I saw the inside filter slot moved to one side and out of alignment thus the filter is not able to fit in properly, I stopped using it in case it moves away more from it's position more. thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi, sorry to hear that.
That slot or filter holder is supposed to be help by screws, but it sounds like your may have lost some.
The dryer will need to be taken apart to fix that.
Did you want help with that?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michal,

I tried to move the slot it seems very tight, I would need some help, any suggestions?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi WU, you may need a pry bar to move that, or you would need to take the dryer apart for this.
I would try prying it carefully first.
i will stick with you until this is done but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you *****

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, I don't have a pry bar and the inside slot is plastic, can I use any stick to push it?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks WU, you would need to disassemble the unit to fix this then.
Did you want to do that and do you have the tools?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what tools would I need?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi you would need some basic screwdrivers and a socket set, and a putty knife.
Basically that should do it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ah I only have screwdrivers on hand...

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi WU, this is something that you really may want an appliance tech to fix for you, it can be pretty in depth by the time you take it all apart.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, I think you are probably right, do you know a good blomburg technicial around sn9 Marlborough area? Also if I got a pry bar, do I push the slot towards the right direction by force?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Yes you would do that with the pry bar but you must be careful so nothing breaks.
Try calling these guys let me know if they service your area;-)
Telephone 0844 695 0003

www.myappliancehero.co.uk
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, I have booked an appointment with them tomorrow morning, fingers crossed it will be fixed without hustle...

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know how it goes;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
f