Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bosch Classixx 8 Condenser Tumble Drier, I have cleaned

I have a Bosch Classixx 8 Condenser Tumble Drier, I have cleaned all the filters and emptied the water container, but when I try to select the program I want, as normal the the machine comes up with the time of the program etc but then bleeps twice when I press the start button and nothing happens. Can you help?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
May I have the full model #?
Also the age of your dryer?
Thank you for your patience!
tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model number I think is WTE84305GB/33 and is about a year old
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Anne.
Try "dry" & "spin" together for a few seconds. This is the child lock display.
Or press "end of cycle" for over 5 seconds.
Please let me know if this helps?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
these options are not available, the dial button has cottons very dry; cupboard dry; Iron dry; mixed load cupboard dry; woollens finish; timed programme; sportswear; super quick; iron dry; cupboard dry; and easy-care very dry. There doesn't seem to be a child lock display.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi please try pressing just the start button and holding that let me know what happens.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
nothing happens, I have tried selecting different program's but again it just bleeps twice and nothing happens
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Anne, unfottunatley this is a sign of a bad main control board.
Its easy to replace and I will help you if you want to do this yourself.
Also I can help you locate this part from the best supplier.
I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you *****
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what does the main control unit do and would you know how much this part would cost to replace and where I could purchase this from - any info would be helpful.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi the main control is the part where you see the lights.
But check something for me first, please open the dryer, and spin the drum, does it spin really loose or is there resistance?

i will stick with you until this is fixed properly but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)

Thank you ***** contact

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is really stiff but does move with some pressure
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ann, thank you,
This could be a bad motor or the control board. That would need to be checked to me sure. But usually I find this issue to be the motor.
Thank you for all that information. When you say stiff, how hard is it to turn?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I need to add quite a bit of pressure to move the drum
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Anne this is a bad motor.
Its not too difficult to change but you will need some tools and the part.
This is something likely best done by an appliance tech because ther belt routing can be frustrating and there is also a safety switch on that assembly. its not hard for someone with experience in this but rough for someone who has never done this.
i will stick with you in any case and which ever way you want to go but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)

Thank you Anne;-)
Tech Michael