Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have a Vaillant water heater on a boat. After the winter

I have a Vaillant water heater on a boat. After the winter I could not light it. I fitted a new diaphragm. Now the heater fires up when I connect the input water. Even when all taps etc are closed. Any ideas?
When I drop the water valve the heater does not fire up. It seems that the pressure of the connected water is activating the valve rather than waiting for a tap to be opened.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

In reading your note about your water heater, the problem sounds like the "water movement sensor" is faulty. For some reason it is picking up water movement. This also can happen if you have air in the line, or if the water pressure isn't being maintain. (meaning the water pressure in the boat is fluctuating) I would look at these for a starting point first. If you have other questions, please ask. I wish you the best. Gary