Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Ive got a bosch exxcel auto option dishwasher that wont run,

Customer Question

I've got a bosch exxcel auto option dishwasher that won't run, no light on timer. Ran no problem last time it was used. I have cleaned filter and checked for dirt at pump impeller, all ok. there is power coming to on/off switch but not sure how to check other components :-(
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer. Since you are not online, I'm going to switch this to Q&A. Now this does not mean that my service with you is done. It just simply means that we will have more time to work on your problem. Please follow the steps needed to reply to my questions. Thanks

Gary :

The power to the on/off switch refers back to the door switch. The dishwasher door needs to be closed securely in order for this to operate. Even though the door is closed, the switch could be faulty. Your next step would to check that. This can be done with an OHM meter. You will also need to check the on/off switch as well. Just because you have power coming to it, doesn't mean it is going through it. On an off chance was there any error codes showing? If you can you will also need to remove the bottom panel and check the power cord connection for burnt wires or loose connections. If all of those check out ok, then move to the timer. If you get an open circuit, then the timer is bad. These are just the few common problems with your unit. Again, questions, please ask. If you need additional help just let me know and we can move on. I wish you the best.