Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have a dual zone RM wine cooler mobel RDZ60RB L/C serial

Customer Question

I have a dual zone RM wine cooler mobel RDZ60RB L/C serial number 8885111201002.

I am having problems with the sensors, they will not go to the temperture set and there is an alarm going off all the time with says Low/High temperture. No one can seen to help me
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

In reading your note, it sounds like the heart of your cooler has been changed. I was hoping that you were here so I could ask some questions, however I'm going to switch this to Q&A so we can have more time to work on your problem. This doesn't mean my service with you is finished, it just means that in stead of live chat, we will communicate in a different way.

Gary :

Is this appliance still under guarantee? If not, how old is it? Do you have a voltage meter? In order to try and locate your problem, it will take a little bit of doing, but it can be done easy enough. Now most appliance have a wiring diagram sticker on the back, does yours? What will need to be done, is some tracking/back tracking of the electrical system. You appliance has a history of a wire that is loose, or a bad connection somewhere, if not a broken wire. If you had the compressor and thermostat replaced, then it is narrowed down to (2) possibilities. 1] electrical 2] freon ... either way you can determine by using a meter. Please let me know, so we can move on from here. Again, if you follow the instructions when this gets moved to Q&A, we can still communicate.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did not freon was used anymore, it was surposed to be a new compressor that went on and tested, after the machine came back from repair the engineer came out again with a new panel that has the temperture setting on, turned out to be the wrong one but on fitting the first one back he said it should be o.k. as he found some of the wires not in as should have been, still did not work, can out again and put a meter of some sort inside and said the temp. did not read the same as the panel and that he thought this machine has internal wiring problem. This engineer can out through an insurance company. The machine was purchased on the 20.01.12, this was a replacement as the original maching did not work from the begining. Yes my husband has a voltage meter but he is not here so I do not know where to find it.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply back. Since they replaced the compressor, you also had the system recharged with freon. In your reply, it sounds like they replaced the control board but it wasn't quite right ... but instead of replacing it, he found misplaced wires ... is this correct?

Would you know if he replaced the thermostats in your appliance?
Does your appliance have a wiring diagram sticker on the back?
In the repair order for this unit ... can you tell me what he did and what he replaced?

As for the meter, that's fine. If you want we can wait for him to come home and then we can take it from there. If you can answer these questions that would be most helpful.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They replaces the control board, I have not seen anything about a thermostat only the sensors as I asked if they could be put in the wrong way round as thats whats shows on the control board,, but told no as one was alot longer than the other. As far as I am aware there is nothing on the back but as its in a fitted kitched I cannot see the back, just from when it was collected cannot remember anything on the back. As I said in my other chat they replaced the compressor, the sensors, and the control board or so I am told.

Going to bed now as its 12.44 dont know where you are but the times for these messages are not in England. I HAVE BEEN TO BED IT IS NOW 14.30 ENGLISH TIME AND NO RESPONCE FROM YOU.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Can you tell me (outside of the alarm) do you hear any noises from your cooler? If so, please describe. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, no other noise.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

How about the compressor? Can you hear that run? If you would turn down the thermostat, wait for aa minute and then turn it up all the way, can you hear it "click" followed by the compressor coming on? Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The compressor is running, it runs along time. I have not turned it down know, but when I have play with the temp yes it does click and the compressor sets in

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply back. The problem with your cooler is that you have a leak in the cooling system. (freon) Since the compressor is constantly running and the cooling has diminished this is what is tripping your alarm. If I had to guess, the person who replaced your compressor didn't completely seal the system. When he charged it, it leaked out. The only way you can tell is when you remove the cooler, you will have to look at the cooling coils and see if you can find any oily substance or yellowing stains. If you do that is where your leak is at. Take a picture. A record like this is hard to refute.

My other suggestion would be is have an independent service tech test the system for pressure. It may cost you, but again whoever did the job cannot refute it, and if he does, it'll be hard. In my experience, there is nothing else left to test. You confirm the thermostat works, and the compressor comes on. If the sensors are faulted, none of these would work, so out of elimination only leaves the freon. My suggestion would be to call out the business who repaired this appliance and have them repair it again correctly.

Thank you for your patients through all of this, I know it can be frustrating. I do wish you the best.