Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi My Zanusso Aquasave ZT865 just makes a sound at start up

Hi My Zanusso Aquasave ZT865 just makes a sound at start up like the pump is running but nothing else happens no matter what setting is used, except for the 'Rinse & Hold', that works fine. I've drained the little red tube at the back of the machine which usually sorts it out but to no avail. Any ideas please.
Dave
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Does the pump stop running after a few seconds?

Also do you have any flashing lights from it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Just tried it again to answer your question and it's working although I don't know why. I don't like it when this sort of thing happens. The pump seemed to run for just under 1 minutes - them just an electronic type hum and then it started filling and then washing.

The only lights were the power light and the cycle light.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok so has it started to wash ok now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Yes it appears to have started washing. I'm going to let it finish its cycle and then reload it after putting it back into position. This has happened a couple of times before. The Zanussi engineer told me just to pull the stopper out of the little red hose and drain the line. This has always worked in the past but not this time. I don't like things to start working again without any intervention, I like to find a fixable fault.

My background was in the maintenance of building plant.

David

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok just monitor it and see what happens but as to the red hose if its filling up more often then its usually down to a faulty IWMS. This is the big filling tank on the side. This blocks up in the water chambers and cause it to over fill down that red tube but if its doing often then its going to need the IWMS replacing.

These are very common on these Zanussi for failing as in the past ive replaced loads of them. So as it wasn't filling up its all pointing towards this.

As the IWMS (inlet water metering system) comes complete with the hoses on and new water valves and sometimes new pressure switches so anything to do with the filling it comes with.

But see how it goes and if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Daniel, the machine has stopped working again. When you close the door, the pump runs for about 45 secs then the machine hums for a bit and eventually stops. Sometimes when you open the door, the 'rinse and hold' light is flashing very fast. If we have to replace, what would you recommend?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Did you replace the IWMS?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, No I did not replace the side tank, I took it off and flushed it
out. It wasn't blocked but was dirty around the area where there is a
screwed connection directly into the dishwashers main washing
compartment. I also removed all the bottom hoses and washed them through.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok sounds like the IWMS still at fault. But as to a replacement as this is quite an older model then you can try either a Zanussi again as they are not that bad or a Bosch. The Bosch has a better warrenty as they have 2 year as standered so not that bad.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the info, considering it is 13 years old, it hasn't performed badly. Just bought a Neff that was on offer at Currys. I thought that the cost of buying the IWMS would be high and not worth it on such an old machine. As all the white goods, oven and hob are Zanussi I will certainly use your services again if I need them.

Many thanks for your help and guidance

David