Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Hi we have an elica star cooker hood but the main light keeps

Customer Question

Hi we have an elica star cooker hood but the main light keeps just keeps coming on and off on its own please help
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer ...

Gary :

The problem with the light is that you have a loose connection somewhere. This could be in the light socket, where the power ties into the switch, the switch it's self or where the switch is tied into the light socket it's self. It could be as easy as the bulb. The question I have is, does your light cut out when the fan is running? If so then the vibration from the fan unit is breaking the connection. You will need to recheck all the wire connection to make sure they are tight. On an off chance the light does this with out the fan being on,check to see if there is a thermo cut out switch. It will be a little round circle device with two wires. It will come from the switch to this sensor, then from the sensor to the light. I'm not sure if yours have one, and it doesn't show that it does. However, this doesn't mean it's not there. Please let me know what you find, and if you have any other questions, please ask. I wish you the best.