Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Hi I have a candy grando GO DF800 machine. About 3 years

Customer Question

I have a candy grando GO DF800 machine. About 3 years old. It's has a flashing display and where thee spin speed is it say 0 and a time of 153, it flashing between this and 0 207 but it is still filling with water when switched on
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer.

Gary :

This could be an error code display and the machine is trying to tell you something. When it stops and flashes, count the number of flashes from one of the lights between the pauses. Let me know the number. Thanks.

JACUSTOMER-1f72m2vt- : I have just switched it back on and it isn't flashing anymore but stays with the display lit with the zero and 1:53 for about 8 seconds! This then goes blank for a couple of seconds and comes back on. While the display is lit it's filling with water aswell
Gary :

Ok, outside of that, does your machine fuly work?

JACUSTOMER-1f72m2vt- : Yes never had a problem with it, last load I did was last night and it was fine
Gary :

Ok that's fine ... since the display is 1:53 this is normally the amount of time shown left during the cycle. You could have inadvertently hit a different cycle selection or something to increase the time. As of right now, I wouldn't worry about it. The machine you have is a very solid one with many great reviews. In fact this is one machine I very seldom see for repairs. If you have any other questions please ask. If a problem comes up, just let me know and I can continue to help you out. I wish you the best.

JACUSTOMER-1f72m2vt- : I put it in a 32 min quick wash cycle and even my normal wash cycle is only 141. The drum is not moving at all and it's just going on and off and filling with water and at this point is already half way full, this isn't a normal wash cycle it's doing
Gary :

Oh ...

Gary :

Is your machine filling and emptying? Making any noise?

JACUSTOMER-1f72m2vt- : Just filling every time while it goes between the turning on and off, if I was to leave it switched on and wasn't here when it happened it would be coming home to a swimming pool in my kitchen
Gary :

When was the last time you cleaned the filter on your machine?

JACUSTOMER-1f72m2vt- : About 3 weeks ago! I nearly flooded the kitchen then because I didn't screw it back on correct and started doing a soda crystal clean, I will see if I can get some water out of it and try to check the filter
Gary :

That's fine. I'm going to move this to our Q&A section so we can have more time working on your problem. This doesn't mean we're done, but if you follow the directions, you can still contact me it will be in a different way. Please let me know what you find, so we can proceed from there. Thanks.