Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

i want to remove the bottom/drainage panel of my zanussi iz

Customer Question

i want to remove the bottom/drainage panel of my zanussi iz 161 w to see if i can find a small leak.
I have remove the screw behind the drain cover and am sure that it will come off fairly easily if i push or pull it the right way. can you help??
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

That's just a plyth theres nothing to see from behind there.

If its leaking then what you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall.

Then lay down and look under the washer and try and find it that way.

Or you an remove the top and back half of the washer off. To do this remove the top and undo the screws

on the top of the washer for the back half.

Then remove the 2 screws on the back in the bottom corners.

Then look on the side in the middle at the bottom and remove that white plastic plug to reveal another screw in there.

Then undo the plastic holder for the fill hose at the back and then you can pull the back half of the washer away and this will give you better access to the washer.

So check that out and see what you find but removing that cover at the bottom on the front wont reveal anything im afraid.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.