Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

The audible alarm on our SMEG hob SE2766TC has stopped working.

The audible alarm on our SMEG hob SE2766TC has stopped working. Is there a battery to replace?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

In reading your note, I'm sorry to say that there is no battery in your appliance. I tried to look up your unit, but the model number you provided didn't revile anything. So if you can, please double check and let me know. I do know that some of these appliances do have volume control. Maybe on a off chance this was changed ... If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know. I'm going to move this to Q&A so we can have more time to pursue this if you would like. Please follow the instructions provided. I wish you the best.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The full model number is ***** Type: FGKST 75 ZB TE.

There does not seem to be a volume control.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

You're right this unit doesn't have a volume control. The alarm in built into the timmer and unfortunantly you cannot remove the alarm and just replaced. This timer has to be replaced. This would have to be your call if you want to do that or not. If you use the alarm a lot then do so, otherwise let it go since it does not effect the operation of your appliance. The average cost is 185.99. If there is anything else I can help you with, please ask. I wish you the best.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. We will get along without it!

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Good enough ... Just food for thought here, but if you know of an appliance repair shop that deals in used equipment/repairs maybe he will have one that would fit into your hob. Replacing it isn't that hard, and you should get it for pennies on the dollar.

Either way, enjoy your day and I wish you the best.