Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Hello, Ive bought a Whirlpool American style fridge freezer

I've bought a Whirlpool American style fridge freezer from the previous owner of this house, the model is 20RI D3SF. The warning light at the door stated that a change of the antibacterial filter is required, however, I could not see anything in the fridge resembling a filter or a filter housing unit.
Can you please help me locate it ?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Cuong Dang
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
You should find the grille cover over the filter on the left hand wall inside the fridge.
You'll need to take the drawers out to get full access to it.

The part number shown for the filter is .481248048172 and can be obtained from www.4whirlpool.co.uk and other online suppliers.

Check it out, see what you find and get back to me.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much, I've managed to replace the filter, however, how do I get the warning light at the door to go off ?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
If the warning is red (not orange) press and hold the alarm reset till the icon goes off or becomes blue.

If it's orange, you can't reset it till it turns red.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The light is red, I pressed and hold the alarm reset button for 30 seconds or more but the light is still red.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, but the user manual shows that this should switch it off.

Copy and paste the following into a new browser window.
It will download the user manual for you.

http://docs.whirlpool.eu/_doc/501931502026GB.pdf

How long was the icon orange before it turned red?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think it was red when I got it a month ago, the filter was completely empty when I took it out, it may be that the fridge will need a while to 'clean' out the air. I don't know when the filter was last changed but suspect that it was a while ago.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, we used to get calls to earlier machines when the customer couldn't reset the water filter.
The orange and the red were so similar that it was simply a case of waiting till it went darker (red and not orange).
It may be the same on your machine, although I've not had a call for this in a very long time.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK I think the important thing is that we have managed to replace the filter, the light is not critical. I will wait and try to reset at a later date. Thank you very much, you have been most helpful.

Regards,

Cuong Dang

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
You're very welcome.

Good luck with the appliance.