Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have a Bosch Vario Perfect but the door is locked with the

Customer Question

Hi I have a Bosch Vario Perfect but the door is locked with the washing inside (I think its finished) code E61 flashing on it. Please help
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

and how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-jb1615kg- :

JACUSTOMER-jb1615kg- :

Its a WAQ283SOGB - a couple of months old. I looked in the manual and it said to "Pull the emergency release downwards with a tool and release" but I'm not sure where the manual release is - have opened the little compartment at the front by the right foot of the machine but it only seems to have a dial or a nozel nothing to pull down - opened the dial and just a little water came out.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, have you tried to rotate that dial and then clean everything inside ?

KevinWhiteJA :

ok just read second part of your answer

KevinWhiteJA :

have you already pulled the washer out ?

JACUSTOMER-jb1615kg- :

if thats the dial then yes - only a little water came out - all very clear in there - no dirt etc

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

you will have to pull the washer out

KevinWhiteJA :

E61 is a door lock error…Unplug the washer…after few minutes push the lock to the right and then release it so that the door opens

JACUSTOMER-jb1615kg- :

yeeeeaaaahh - fab door is open - washing is out and on the line - will try it now without anything in it. Thank you for your help

KevinWhiteJA :

Great :) If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-jb1615kg- :

Kevinnnn - help again now it won't start. Have just put a couple of the towels in that cleaned the floor, put it onto a rinse and spin and the lights and how long have all come on, but when I press the start/pause button, it just beeps at me twice but doesn't start. i thought that the childlock might be on but wasn't that - i'm seriously throwing it out soon. katie

KevinWhiteJA :

Katie, the problem is with door lock that will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

Control detects that the door is not locked due to a bad door lock so it wont start

KevinWhiteJA :

as it is under warranty it is better to get it replaced

JACUSTOMER-jb1615kg- :

ok thanks again - down to the laundrette over the weekend then.

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome Katie....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Evening

Expert:  Richard Hill replied 1 month ago.

Hi Katie,

Try turning the mains power off for 10 seconds and then back on, see if the door opens then.

Regards,

Rich