Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

We have a cordless Rotak 43 lawnmower that was working perfectly

Customer Question

We have a cordless Rotak 43 lawnmower that was working perfectly last time when we finished the lawn and put it away.
This time when we went to mow the lawn with freshly charged batteries the mower starts but immediately fades to stop.
Is it likely to be the batteries or the mower and how can we get it repaired. The mower is not long out of warranty but we would like to find a recommended solution as the mower was very expensive.
Keith Silverthorne
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

Hi Keith

JACUSTOMER-lbfumhnz- :

Have you any idea what I can do?

Gary :

Well here's the deal ... in small extra fine print in your purchase agreement any work done outside an authorised Bosch repair center will void the warranty. Since this machine sells for 550.00 new, are you willing to loose it?

JACUSTOMER-lbfumhnz- :

As said previously out of warranty and I need ideas to get going. Do I recheck battery or is it likely to be switch contacts

Gary :

Ok, please work with me as we are here to help ... how long has the warranty expired?

JACUSTOMER-lbfumhnz- :

Not sure may be up to a year

Gary :

OK, if this mower is 0 to 6 months out Bosch will take care of you. I have seen them go out as far as 8 months. This company stands by their products and want customers like you very happy for buying one of their top end machines. Would you still have the paper work on this?

JACUSTOMER-lbfumhnz- :

that is a good question and without starting the search unable to answer quickly

Gary :

If you like I can switch this to our Q&A and thus give you time to look. Depending on what you find out, you can come back follow the directions shown and I will get your reply in your findings. From there you can decide what to do. Fair?

Gary :

Reason I'm suggesting this, is that it could save you some money on getting this thing fixed

JACUSTOMER-lbfumhnz- :

so your advice is go find the original purchase docs and then go the Bosch repair centre?

Gary :

Yes, if this unit is 6 months or less out of warranty Bosch will work with you free of charge

JACUSTOMER-lbfumhnz- :

OK but if I cant how does QA work

Gary :

I would call Bosch first, explain the problem and let them decide. Don't go to the place where you bought it from because they can claim no warranty. The company will authorize the repair for you to take it to them.

JACUSTOMER-lbfumhnz- :

OK

Gary :

When I switch over you will get a notice that our conversation has ended. With-in that note it will tell you what to do if you have any follow up questions or need to get a hold of me

JACUSTOMER-lbfumhnz- :

OK

Gary :

Good enough, please let me know what you find out.

JACUSTOMER-lbfumhnz- :

I will

JACUSTOMER-lbfumhnz- :

cc

JACUSTOMER-lbfumhnz- :

cant find and wife thinks it is more than three years. is there a bosch repair centre in uk

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can't find user manual or original docs on the Rotak. Is there a number I can call for Bosch service or repairs
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Hey Keith,

Which country are you in? Great Britain? Ireland? ??
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Thier power tool division general inquiries number is 0344 892 0115 from here they should get you to where you need to be.