KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Ignis ADL348 dishwasher has died. The light has stopped

My Ignis ADL348 dishwasher has died. The light has stopped on the rinse button and the power button is flashing 7 times. Is this a problem that can be fixed or do I need a new one? Thanks.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

7 flashes error code indicates a flow meter failure

KevinWhiteJA :

Unplug the unit for few minutes

KevinWhiteJA :

then plug it back...simultaneously press and hold the START Button and let me know if this resets the control

KevinWhiteJA :

if not then let me know how old is it ?

Customer:

Customer:

Well I am now able to change the settings which I couldn,t before, so hopefully it is ok. The flowmeter went before about a year ago and was replaced, is this going to be a regular thing? The machine is about 5 years old.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK so it seems it has reset the appliance

KevinWhiteJA :

it really depends

KevinWhiteJA :

the error indicates a flow meter fault

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service....Thanks

Customer:

I spoke too soon, the machine started up but has stopped again now the light is flashing 6 times.

KevinWhiteJA :

6 flashes is a fill fault

KevinWhiteJA :

you will have to check the inlet valve and the flow meter

Customer:

Ok thanks, ***** ***** thing has now started up again. I am giving it a clean so I will leave it and see how it goes. Many thanks for your help.

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Evening

Customer:

Ok will do.