Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I can not print with my dell V305 printer it says cannot print

I can not print with my dell V305 printer it says cannot print without an app,prints test page only
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your printer?
Do you have the original drivers installed?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my printer is five years old but worked perfectly until I tried it with my new toshiba satelit comp.it does print the test page without a problem,saying cant print without app seems to be a regular problem as lots of blogs about it,my computer and dell v305 are wireless

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Rob, have you tried to print a test page?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the test page works no problem I just tried to print again but got can not print without apps??

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Rob what apps did you used to use?
If none, then the memory circuit has failed.
I would completely remove the printer software from your computer , shut everything dome computer printer and all.
Then re load it all.
see if that works.
Please let me know.
thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a new printer I will use that and see what happens

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
That sounds good let me know what happens as I suspect an electronic failure in the other printer.
I will stick with you until this is worked out one way or the other but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Robert and have a great day!
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have put on new printer but it just says the same you can only print from apps I am back whe5e I started

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried but not sure what to do normaly everything is automaic