Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Hi There, I have a Smooth 5.15E Motorized Treadmill which

Customer Question

Hi There,
I have a Smooth 5.15E Motorized Treadmill which I purchased in five years ago.
The motor has stopped working correctly.The motor hesitates to start, when you spin the flywheel by hand when the power is switched on the motor will turn hesitatingly but stops after a second.
I have checked the brushes but there is just over a centimeter left on them.
I have taken the drive belt of the flywheel but it still will not work, when I turn the power on and try to spin it by hand turns a second or two and then stops.
The motor turns quite freely by hand when the power is switched off.
However When the motor does start I can stop it quite easily by hand even when the power is switched on.
Can you help
Regards Terry
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi Terry and thank you for using Just Answer.

Gary :

In reading your problem, I'm sorry to say but this motor is tired and needs to be replaced. The windings inside has started to separate due to age and usage and when they do that you will lack speed/power etc.. If you have any other questions, please let me know.