Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a 10 year old Neff T735 which works perfectly. However,

I have a 10 year old Neff T735 which works perfectly. However, over the past two weeks it is leaking from the bottom front, not too badly. Is it likely to be a worn seal or something more complicated. I have cleaned all the filters and the water container is empty.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the full model number please it normally starts Enr

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is E-Nr. R4381X1GB /04 FD 8406 20026

Type T735 IPX4

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks for that.

Which side does the water seem to appear from?

Also does the water still go into the water bottle at the top?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The water bottle still fills. The water comes from the left to middle (looking at the machine) only a little, and starts during the cycle but seems to increase when the door is opened.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok sometimes the seals on the condenser at the bottom can wear so it can leak from there. But also a blockage in there can cause it as well.

What you can try first is pull the condenser unit out at the bottom and reach into the back and feel at the bottom and scrape any fluff out that's laying on the bottom as this can sometimes stop the flow of water going into the water pump fully and can cause some water to leak out.

If that's all clear then you need to remove the top and right hand side panels. From there you will see the pump in the bottom in the middle. Remove this and give it a good clean inside there.

Also make sure all the hoses are in place still and none have worn and split.

Then retry it and see how it goes. But if still the same then its possibley the condenser seals or even the condenser base itself. Some times when you get a condenser dryer leaking when they get old it can be a nightmare to find and fix if it isn't a blockage.

But check the above and see what you find. But if still the same then you can try and replace the condenser seals and see if this cures it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I'll follow your advice next week.

Peter

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
No worries if you need anymore info just get back to me.