Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Dear technician , I have hotpoint fridge freezer model FF200LG

Dear technician , I have hotpoint fridge freezer model FF200LG , not cooling well , the compressor is dry and looks fine , the van seems ok , I replaced the heater according to advice of one of the expert at this websit but the problem still exit , please give me all the suggestions and solutions at one time so you and me can save our time ,

I tried to defrost the ice from the freezer on the heater , but this solution not working any more , please make it easy for me
Best regards
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Is the evaporator inside the freezer just building up with to much ice?

Also lets try an auto test and see what happens.

Open the fridge door and keep it open.

Turn both the fridge and freezer to the off position

Press and hold the super freeze till the leds come on.

Now after a few seconds 2 leds will go out and the power light will be lit.

It will run an auto test for about 5 mins. If it picks up a fault it will stop and flash some lights. If it does let me know which lights flash or lit up.

After about 5 mins it will stop so then you can turn it back on.

Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dear *****
, the evaporator is has much built up ice
, I done the test , the super freeze start to flash , the super cool lit up , the light inside the fridge room flashes too .
Best regards
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks for that. That error code is F06 which means the defrost heater triac short circuit.

The triacs are on the control board itself and as you have replaced the defrost heater already im afraid you re looking at a faulty control board im afraid at the top.

Now the bad news. These control boards are sold blank so if you buy one it needs programming so you also need to buy the card reader and smart card as well. Now the card reader and smart are about £90 for the reader and £20 for the smart card. plus the cost of the board which is roughly about £100 so its not a cheap repair.

The cheaper option here is to get Hotpoint in to fix on there fixed price repair which I about £110. This includes all parts and labour as they will use there laptop to program the new control board up. This will be a lot cheaper then you doing it yourself im afraid.

Its the way Hotpoint do it now with there control boards. There are all sold blank so you need the software to do it. Its only worth buying the card reader if you are doing quite a few control boards. For a one off its just not worth it as Hotpoint will call out and replace the board cheaper.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.