Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have a morphy richards power steam elite iron but it wont

I have a morphy richards power steam elite iron but it won't stay on for more than a few seconds. When I turn it on it sounds like everything is ok then for no apparent reason it turns itself off. Can you help???
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

In reading your note, I'm afraid that the answer you are going to get is one you won't like. The problem with your iron is the therm o-cut-off switch. This is put in by the manufacturer for safety and for energy savings. In short, the only way this can be fixed is by sending it back to Morphy Richards. Not knowing how old/new your unit is, I would suggest you call the company and see if this is something they can do. you can find them on line at morphyrichards.co.uk or try morphyrichards.com . From there you can direct email them. However truth be told, these units go for 90.00 give or take and you would be better serve to get a replacement. Again, not the answer you want I'm sure. I wish you the best.