Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

Had ecoTEC pro boiler installed on Friday. Should I have the

Customer Question

Had ecoTEC pro boiler installed on Friday. Should I have the water temperature on "Comfort" (is that more efficient than not). Sorry to ask such a basic question but not much good at mechanics. Many Thanks

Also when I try to decrease temp of water it flashes the degrees - is that right?

Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

***** ***** :

The display will change when you alter the temperature

***** ***** :

You turn it until the desired temperature and then leave it to go back to the normal display

***** ***** :

The rest is just a matter of preference as to the temperature you like best

Customer:

Do I activate "Comfort mode?

***** ***** :

Comfort mode gives your hot water a preheat

***** ***** :

This would mean you get hot water to your taps faster by a couple of seconds

***** ***** :

But is also means that your boiler could kick in at all times even in the middle of the night to keep your boiler preheated

***** ***** :

My advice would be to leave it off and see how you cope with the delay when you first open your tap

***** ***** :

This is not a problem in the winter when the heating is on and the boiler is hot to start with

Customer:

You're a gem! Thank you so much! Advice gotten very quickly and saved so much "faffing" about. Much appreciated and well worth asking you the question - have a lovely day (hope the weather good where you are)!

Thank you - it is nice in Nottingham