Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I own a Bosch dishwasher avintix 60cm,Code coming up E09 when

Customer Question

I own a Bosch dishwasher avintix 60cm,Code coming up E09 when It is on about 10 minutes.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that.
How old is your dishwasher?
Also please let me know if it fills, does it drain anything more you tell me?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It does fill with water. It must drain out as there is no water in it when we open door.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Are you sure water is getting this is important.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes we opened the door during the time it was working and there was water in it as normal.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

E:09 is a fault detected in the heating circuit. Try first tripping circuit breaker (or disconnecting power cord) for five minutes and see if this can clear the error.

If that does not work, call Bosch at the number listed on the dishwasher manual. The repair is not suitable for the home user.

About E:09 I quote the good clarificatory explanation given by

"E:09 relates to a fault in the heating circuit. This new range of bosch machines do not heat the water in the same way as the older range. There is no water pressure switch on the heater assembly as the circ pump contains the heater in one complete unit (heat-pump). The control module monitors the speed & current draw of the circ pump to ensure that there is water in the sump & it is also circulating. Your machine must be less than 2 years old, so should still be under warranty. Its not a DIY fix, it needs an engineer to sort it, as it is probably a fault with either the heat-pump or the control module."
I will stick with you until we get this fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
i