Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Lamona intergrated freezer purchased through Howdens.

I have a Lamona intergrated freezer purchased through Howdens. The red warning light has come on and the temperature will not drop, currently showing as 7 degrees. Can you advise please?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
Mai I have the model #?
Also how old is your fridge?
Thank you for your patience!

Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Michael

The model is LAMONA INTERGRATED FREEZER HJA6750

The appliance is 4 years old. There is no cold air entering the compartment where the vents are and the temperature seems to be increasing rather than decreasing. Originally i thought someone had left the door open as everything was defrosted however I pushed the fast freeze button which stopped the bleeping red light but it has not improved. The green and ***** *****ghts are both on now. It seems to be making the usual noise but no cold air.

Tony

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Tony,
please check the rear wall inside the freezer, let me know if there is any frost on that.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Michael

No there is no frost on the rear wall or anywhere inside.

Tony

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Tony, is the fan in the freezer running? its behind the wall but you can hear it if its working.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I believe so, it is making the usual noise so i assume it is. If I hold my hand at the the part where the air enters the compartment I can only feel a very slight air flow and it is just about colder than my hand. Hope this makes sense.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Thank you Tony, this is going to be an issue that can only be repaired by a refrigerator Tech.
It needs a new evaporator or freon, in which case there is a leak.
It will only get worse Im hate to tell you.
I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Tony.
Tech Michael