Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Hotpoint LFT 114. I have one of these machines and it cleans

Hotpoint LFT 114. I have one of these machines and it cleans very well. The only problem is that the drying cycle seems very hot indeed. Supposedly dishwasher proof plastics have come out distorted and the glaze from some crockery has been removed. The machine contents at the end of the cycle are very hot. Any advice please?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

The problem with your machine is a thermostat. These are preset by the manufacturer. My guess is this has faulted and causing you your problem. If you have any other questions, please ask. I wish you the best.

Customer:

Is the drying cycle thermostat easily/economically replaced, please?

Gary :

Yes on both accounts