Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

i cannot start my whirlpool ADG 7800/2 dishwasher. the start

Customer Question

i cannot start my whirlpool ADG 7800/2 dishwasher. the start / resume button is flashing an when i try an start the machine an close the door the machine beeps an doesn't do anything . Please help me !
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

The start light flashing should be the error code.

You need to count the number of flashes from it in between the pause and let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi- the start button flashes continuously about every second as does the display panel flash 3:11 which I assumed was the length of the program . When I press the cancel /off button nothing changes and the light above the cancel button does not illuminate as you would expect .
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Try this and see what happens

Turn the dishwasher off.

Press and hold the start button.

Keep this held in and turn the dishwasher back on.

Wait several seconds then let go.

Now turn off and back on again and see what happens then and let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have tried that and made absolutely no difference it's still flashing ( ie blinking )
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok im going to opt out of this as for some reason the whirlpool technical site isn't letting me download any service info on this as this model has the new electronics on it and I don't seem to be able to get them up.

In the mean time I will open the question up to the other experts and if anyone else can help they will jump in.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Have you done the following?
Check whether the "Delayed start" option (if available) has been selected. If it has, the appliance will only start once the set time has elapsed. If necessary, RESET the appliance by pressing CANCEL or start the cycle immediately by pressing START

Please let me know. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Gary thanks for the advice , I have already pressed start but it won't proceed it continues just flashing . Yes I have tried to cancel by pressing cancel/off but this has no effect either. Any other suggestions ? Thank you