Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi, My indesit Moon washing machine doesnt want to come on. The

My indesit Moon washing machine doesn't want to come on.
The door shuts but doesn't lock and the blue power indicator constantly flashes.
I've replaced the interlock with a new one so I know it isn't this.
Please help.
Simon
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If the washer isn't starting or locking the door and the door lock has been replaced then im afraid you are looking at a faulty control board here.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the back panel.

In the back left corner is the control board. Take this out and open the plastic casing and remove the board and see if theres any signs of burning on there or blow marks.

But from what you say its going to be the control board at fault if the door isn't locking. Just to rule out a faulty new lock as you never know if you have a multi meter disconnect the wires and you will see 3 tags. 2 of them will give a continuity reading check for this. The lock will more then likely be fine as its new but in the past I have had the odd faulty new door lock so you never know.

But if the lock is fine then its going to be a faulty control board which will need to be

replaced and reprogrammed to cure it.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.