Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Our NeffS65M63N1GB integrated dish washer, purchased 20th May

Our NeffS65M63N1GB integrated dish washer, purchased 20th May 2014, worked beautifully from the start until three days ago, when I required to cut off the electricity power at the mains for 20 minutes. When the power was restored, every thing was back to normal ( or so I thought ). When we tried to load the dish washer, the door refused to open. We could programme the machine and it would complete the cycle as before, but the door refused to open. I read the instruction book and presumed it was the door lock not allowing access. I went through the de-activation and re-activation routines suggested, but the door refuses to open. We have tried running a variety of the washing programmes but with no luck. Short of calling in a Neff technician, can you give me a clue as to what I need to know/do?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

These dishwashers have been having a problem with the door latch. The problem we have is that this machine is so new that any tampering will void any and all warranty. Please read the purchase/warranty agreement. I don't know if you want to do that or not. However, if the latch isn't letting go, the only way to get access to it is by removing the door from the bottom. This can be done by removing the hinges. In truth, I would call Neff and advise them of the problem. I know it isn't what you want, but some companies today are looking harder and harder not to cover warranty. It is kinda like an insurance company ... the less they pay out, the more ahead they become money wise. If you have any questions, please ask. I do wish you the best.

Customer:

Hello, and thank you for your helpful analysis. You are quite correct in your presumption that my taking the door off may not be the solution of choice. I have instead decided to talk with Neff people, who appear to take the view that I may not be not pressing the right button(s), - they kindly suggested that I may have a friendly neighbour who might be more capable of understanding new technology better. I resisted the temptation to respond appropriately: instead, I contacted the suppliers, ***** ***** & Co., who in their turn contacted Neff, who have now agreed to send their technician around to investigate. If it is a case of my ignorance, I expect to be charged for the visit. If however it turns out to be a door removal job then it is back to the drawing board for Neff. I will let you know the outcome.