Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

RS7527BHCBC American Style Fridge Freezer has stopped getting

Customer Question

RS7527BHCBC American Style Fridge Freezer has stopped getting cold (both sides). It's making the usual humming noise, lights come on etc. I can't see any ice build up anywhere. I tried 'rebooting' it ... power off and hold the buttons on the front panel (which seems to be working ok.) The outer body doesn't seem to be hot anywhere.... help?

.. Kevin
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi Kevin, thank you for using Just Answer.

Gary :

The problem with your fridge/freezer is that it needs to be recharged. You could have developed a small leak in the system and the only way to confirm this is to have it recharged, and during that process you inject a dye so it can show a leak. Also if you look over the compressor lines and follow it. See if you can find an oily mark along the line somewhere. This will give you an idea of where the leak is. If you have any other questions, please ask. I wish you the best.