Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

yesterday I bought the new hoover whirlwind 2000, it is so

yesterday I bought the new hoover whirlwind 2000, it is so noisy and has a high frequency whistle which hurts my ears I was deaf for the rest of the morning. is this normal or shall I return it to argos
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.

No this isn't normal as no vaccum cleaner should make high frequency whistle enough to make you deaf for a few hours so that's not normal.

Yes they do make a noise but should never be loud enough to cause this.

Take it back to agros and get them to replace it and im sure the new one should be fine as like I said no Vaccum at all should cause that loud a noise and a high frequency to make you deaf for a few hours.