Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457
Appliance

The water is not coming out through the spouts on my Jura Impressa

XJ9, but instead coming out... Show More
XJ9, but instead coming out the bottom of the machine. Can you help please?
Show Less
Gary, Handyman
replied 2 years ago.
Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

Question I have is this; Is this something new that happen? Did you have any work performed on it here lately? Also I want you to try something ... with red food dye, put a couple of drops by the spouts where water should be coming out of, then tell me where the red coloring goes.

Gary :

Now, I'm going to switch this to Q&A so we can have more time to work on your problem. Our chat hasn't ended like it says, but you can still reply to me. I'll be waiting for your answers. Thanks

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

This has only just happened recently. The machine has been working fine until now. It is used infrequently and said it needs cleaning. We started to follow the cleaning routine, but the water is not being drawn through the machine and out of the coffee nozzles. Instead it is going somewhere in the machine and there is a puddle at the bottom.

Am not sure I understand what you mean by the red dye. I don't have any as I am in a work environment.

There is a water tank on the side of the machine and somehow the water goes from there through the coffee solids and into two small nozzles at the front as a coffee drink. Anything that spills or is not necessary goes into a drip tray which is cleaned every time it is used.

Not sure if the above helps.

Gary, Handyman replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the reply and additional information. Have you ever "descaled" this machine? If so when was the last time? The problem is you have a blocked system, and descaling this machine will sometimes unblock it depending on how hard the blockage is. Please let me know.

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

We descaled it about 4 months ago. The machine tells you when you need a descale and it is not coming up that it needs it at the moment, as I had already checked that.

As I said, the machine is not used that often, probably 3-4 times a month. However if you think that would help I can organise to get some descaler, although this would take a few days as I have to order it in.

Carol

Gary, Handyman replied 2 years ago.
Hi Carol,

Thank you for getting back. To explain this a little bit more what is happening is since the machine isn't used to speak of, the water "inside" the machine that doesn't drain sits, and since there is air exposed the water starts to evaporate. Because of the way we treat our water system the residue left behind gets picked up and redeposit elsewhere in your machine. Please understand this doesn't happen all at once, but over a period of time such in your case here. Anyway, this last time you pulled it out (per-say) was the straw that broke the camels back. When you used this machine,it picked up the residue and it finally gave you the blockage you are now experiencing.

Even though the machine doesn't say it is time, it doesn't understand the concept of evaporation and blockage. Please let me know what you find, and we can go on from there.

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I will try and get some descaler then, although it has to be Jura descaler and see if that works. I have now ordered this from the internet and it should be with me on Friday or Monday.

How do I get back in touch with you if I shut this site down. (Left my computer on and the site open last night!)

Gary, Handyman replied 2 years ago.
Hi Carol,

You can simply log off for now. When you get what you need and have the time to address your problem, please come back to just answer site and you can log back in. From there you can review your questions. Click on this question and you can simple get back in touch with me. You can also write another question if you want and request me.

I wish you the best.

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Gary. I will try this and let you know how I get on.

Our cleaner found some descaling tablets for the machine in her cupboard, so we descaled it last night.

The water is still not coming through the coffee spouts and is still going into the coffee grinds section and spilling out of the machine. I would confirm that the hot water spout and the milk frother are both working as this was evidenced by the water coming through them on the descale programme

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I have managed to find some of the Jura descaler and did the descaling process. the water came through the frother/milk spout and the hot water spout (which was working previously) however the water did not come out of the coffee spouts and was in the coffee grinds container instead. Tried to then use the cleaning routine but as the water was not coming through the spouts like it is supposed to, turned it off as don't want to damage the machine.

Any more thoughts please?

Gary, Handyman replied 2 years ago.
Hi Carol,

The "bean container" has to be cleaned out. If you can, empty out the container and look towards the bottom. You might be lucky and the clogged is there. Remove any remains you may see and pay attention to where the beans are ground. Somewhere in that track system is the obstruction. It might require a little more disassemble to get it cleaned out. Once you have everything cleaned, and you didn't find anything plugged, you can use a piece of firm flexible wire and insert it from the spout where it mixes with the water. You should be able to do the same from where the bean gets ground. Please don't force anything and if you have any questions, please ask.

Let me know how this works. Just so you know this type of problem normally happens when the setting on the grinder is "set" to fine. I'm guessing this happened do to lack of use.

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hi Gary

Sorry for the delay, but I had to get our electricians here at work to help get to the bean container and the water spout with the wire.

It is still not working so the blockage must be within the machine.

I think it's now a job for Jura as they may need to disassemble the machine completely.

Thanks for your help though.