Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My 1ndesit 530 will not start when the small button is pressed.

My 1ndesit 530 will not start when the small button is pressed. It just peeps and nothing happens
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Is this the IDL530 model?

Also do you have any flashing lights from it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Ok what model number is *****?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

COD. *********** /p>

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

I need the model number please. If you look on the sticker on the side of the door it will

be on there. It will start with a few letters then numbers.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

S/N ********** . I hope that this is the number you require

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Im sorry I need to have the model number other wise I don't know which dishwasher you have.

It will be on the same sticker as the S/N number and the COD number.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The only other number I can see is Lavastoviglie IDL 530 UK

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok so it is the IDL530 dishwasher that I asked first?

Are any of the cycle phase lights lit up or flashing?

Are any lights lit up?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There are no lights lit up because nothing happens when I press the little white button. The only light is to show the power is on

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok try this its a test cycle and see if this does anything.

Press and hold start/reset button for a few second to reset it with the door open.

Then close the door

Then turn dial to program 1 and wait 30 seconds

Turn on and rotate dial to program 2

Turn off dishwasher and turn dial back to program 1 and wait 20 seconds

Turn back on and turn dial to program 3.

Turn dishwasher back off and turn back to program 1 and wait 20 seconds

Then turn back on and leds for the program will flash for 5 seconds.

Then turn the dial to program 3 and now it will run a short test cycle. Leds 2 and 3 will switch on after 6 seconds during test once the cycle finishes they will flash.

Let me know what happens when you try this.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately I will not be able to do this until tomorrow as I am not where the machine is at the moment is there any way of getting back to if I need to, but I will certainly try out your suggestion

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

No worries you will have an email link back to this thread so click the link and you will come back here.

As that will either reset the control unit but if it doesn't or the above doesn't work then the control board is faulty itself and will need to be replaced.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.